The Warholizer

At this one site, you can view all of my wonders...

Friday, September 19, 2008

A Night on Broadway - Seeing "In The Heights" and meeting the cast afterwards - Protesters against Scientology

I went to to the HBO store on 42nd and 6th Ave. Because I was in a rush to get there before it close, I was running most of the time. After getting my Entourage "Let's Hug It Out" mug, I wanted something cold, so I went to Starbucks next door. I sat in Bryant Park while finishing my Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino. Then, I decided that it was such a nice night that I would walk to Times Square right down the street. I went into many theaters to see which shows supported Student Rush discount tickets. I came across the stage for a new play by Arthur Miller going on Broadway. It is called "All My Sons." Katie Holmes is in it. Outside the theater, there was a group of people (many of them in Guy Fawkes masks, like in "V for Vendetta") protesting Scientology. They thought it was a good place to do so because Katie Holmes just converted. They had signs like "Free Katie. Keep Tom." as I have in pictures. I later found myself outside of the Richard Rogers Theatre where "In The Heights" was being performed. "In The Heights" is a modern musical about the Latin community in Washington Heights. It won the 2008 Tony for Best Musical along with many other Tony's. I made a quick phone call outside the theater on a step. When I got off the phone, a man asked me if I wanted to see the play. I said that I did want to see it. He then handed me a ticket and said, "Enjoy!" I didn't really ask any questions. I just went in (only about 10 minutes late) and enjoyed the show. The ticket had a price of $79.50. It was a right orchestra seat, so I was quite close. Afterward, I saw the cast and got pictures and got them to sign my playbill. I then walked around Broadway, taking some pictures of theaters...and David Letterman.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home